• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

10 minutes ago, KennethT said:

That's odd.  Part of the reason for making hot pot is the community - who makes hot pot for 1 person?  If I wanted the flavors of hot pot, I'd make a dry pot, in which case, the super thin slices would disintegrate almost immediately - it would be better to use larger pieces as in any other stir fry.

I agree but hotpot is in the locals' DNA and the itch needs scratching in the cold months. A pot of hotpot base will last for days, with new ingredients being added each meal.

I have made myself hotpots in the past, but never from these packs.

liuzhou

liuzhou

3 minutes ago, KennethT said:

That's odd.  Part of the reason for making hot pot is the community - who makes hot pot for 1 person?  If I wanted the flavors of hot pot, I'd make a dry pot, in which case, the super thin slices would disintegrate almost immediately - it would be better to use larger pieces as in any other stir fry.

I agree but hotpot is in the locals DNA and the itch needs scratching in the cold months. A pot of hotpot base will last for days, with new ingredients being added each meal.

I have made myself hotpots in the past, but never from these packs.