• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

If there's one thing better than Chinese ingredients, it's free Chinese ingredients. Today, I ordered some lamb for delivery. It came promptly accompanied by this free bag of S: 调味料; T: 調味料 (tiáo wèi liào) which means 'seasoning'.

IMG_20240219_172752.thumb.jpg.6a54ab0fe7409196a7d047832ada738c.jpg

This particular seasoning is 狗牛羊兔香料 (gǒu niú yáng tù xiāng liào) which means dog, beef, lamb, rabbit spices.

They mean it is suitable for use with any of these meats; not all of them in a dish together!

It consists of sand ginger, star anise, black cardamom, cloves, cassia bark and dried tangerine peel.

I won't be using it with my lamb. I already have another plan. It will turn up in the dinner topic tomorrow.

liuzhou

liuzhou

If there's one thing better than Chinese ingredients, it's free Chinese ingredients. Today, I ordered some lamb for delivery. It came promptly accompanied by this free bag of 调味料 / 調味料 (tiáo wèi liào) which means 'seasoning'.

IMG_20240219_172752.thumb.jpg.6a54ab0fe7409196a7d047832ada738c.jpg

This particular seasoning is 狗牛羊兔香料 (gǒu niú yáng tù xiāng liào) which means dog, beef, lamb, rabbit spices.

They mean it is suitable for use with any of these meats; not all of them in a dish together!

It consists of sand ginger, star anise, black cardamom, cloves, cassia bark and dried tangerine peel.

I won't be using it with my lamb. I already have another plan. It will turn up in the dinner topic tomorrow.

liuzhou

liuzhou

If there's one thing better than Chinese ingredients, it's free Chinese ingredients. Today, I ordered some lamb for delivery. It came promptly accompanied by this free bag of 调味料 / 調味料 (tiáo wèi liào) which means 'seasoning'.

IMG_20240219_172752.jpg