• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolate of the month by mail?

Michael M

I'm looking to get a special chocolate assortment sent to someone on a monthly basis. After searching eGullet, there was discussion about mail order recommendations, but not "of the month" type gifts. Can't find much review-wise on the sites I found through Google.

Any experience with these? Recommendations?

I'm looking to get a special chocolate assortment sent to someone on a monthly basis. After searching eGullet, there was discussion about mail order recommendations, but not "of the month" type gifts.  Can't find much review-wise on the sites I found through Google.

Any experience with these?  Recommendations?

Not in the U.S., but they'll deliver here...

http://www.seventypercent.com/shop/product...strKeyword=club

I've shopped at www.chocosphere.com with success. But they don't have the "of the month" clubs that you're looking for.

Edited by ots (log)

I know of a couple "of-the-month" clubs:

L.A. Burdick

Donnelly Chocolates

Though I haven't tried their products, the chocolatiers get good reviews.

Perhaps in the near future, I'd like to offer something similar as well at DePaula Confections

Cheers!

John DePaula
formerly of DePaula Confections
Hand-crafted artisanal chocolates & gourmet confections - …Because Pleasure Matters…
--------------------
When asked “What are the secrets of good cooking? Escoffier replied, “There are three: butter, butter and butter.”

John sort of beat me to it, but just in case you don't know this..........we have several active members here that are professional chocolatiers/confectioners.

Here's Trishiad, she's even posted a couple demonstration threads for us.

Here's Samaki, she was recently featured (had an article including her recipe published about her caramels) in Fine Cookings Holiday Magazine.

Here's Christopher Elbow, he posts under the name of Cotovelo.

And of course you got John DePaula's website.

If I've forgotten anyone, please forgive me...........