• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cheap & Decent Meals

LOL, Puchong's prices are indeed cheaper than many places. The resto is along Jalan Puchong - coming from Old Klang Rd, it'll be on the right. If you come from the LDP, then turn left, going down around 1.5 km, it'll be on the left. It's along the same block of banks...Maybank, AMBank. Closes on Monday, IIRC. Easy to find parking at night.

Yes, mei chai is mandarin for mui choi.

Edited by Tepee (log)

TPcal!

Food Pix (plus others)

Please take pictures of all the food you get to try (and if you can, the food at the next tables)............................Dejah

• 6 months later...

A friend of mine had repeatedly told me that I must go to this jai (vegetarian) place, and so I went this morning. The set-up is very simple, more like a stall, which explains the rustic food containers. However, the place is clean...lol, should be...as I think I was the first customer. I nearly went crazy when I saw the variety and all of them look so good. For 2 sheets of jai siu ngo (vegetarian goose) and 2 packets of rice stuffed with 5 dishes in each, I paid only RM9.40 (US$2.70).

Goose

360255728_a0111d6486_o.jpg

Taro/water chestnut rolls

360255726_34acef889f_o.jpg

Mixed veg curry

360254816_f62ba9a1d4_o.jpg

Chilli squid

360254812_acf751a760_o.jpg

Fish cutlets, chicken and fat noodles

360254809_30ca95db1f_o.jpg

Pork, taro chips, stir-fry cucumber, choy geok, mixed veg with glass noodles

360254806_7ed1d467bd_o.jpg

This is our favourite...char siu, and sweet and sour pork at the back

360254805_4fb744b8a7_o.jpg

360254801_1261a14c95_o.jpg

Edited by Tepee (log)

TPcal!

Food Pix (plus others)

Please take pictures of all the food you get to try (and if you can, the food at the next tables)............................Dejah

Taro/water chestnut rolls

360255726_34acef889f_o.jpg

Very nice pictures and food, Tepee. Now is this "Taro" taro (Hawaiian taro)? Or "Sweet potato" taro?

And what's with these vegetarian customers who keep think about chicken and squid and duck and etc..? :laugh:

W.K. Leung ("Ah Leung") aka "hzrt8w"

:biggrin: It's hawaiian taro, Ah Leung Go...or what we call YAM.

I think it helps vegetarian folks (not knocking them...hey, I like the food) to be more creative and widens their repertoire if they try to replicate a meat. Not many different names you can call tofu sheets and gluten.

My kids love the food...looks like it's going to be a once-a-week thing.

TPcal!

Food Pix (plus others)