• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Turkey Dinner in Victoria

Zucchini Mama

My friend wants to take his parents out for turkey dinner this weekend in Victoria.

Does anyone know of any thanksgiving specials?

Zuke

Choux Choux is offering ready-to-cook items that couldn't be easier, but since your friend is not cooking for his parents, here are a few dining options.

Fairmont Empress - The Empress Room is offering a swell four course dinner on Monday night. $75.00. They still have some resos between 6:15 - 9 p.m.

In the basement of the Empress, Kiplings is offering a hedonistic all-you-can-eat Thankgiving buffet. This is priced at $36.00 per person.

Both places require a reservation.

Gatsby Mansion A popular place every Thanksgiving. Shuffle in with the seniors at just $29.95 per person for dinner offered on both Sunday and Monday nights. Or put on the feedbag for the brunch, offered on both days from 10 to 3 p.m. This one is a true bargain at $21.95.

That's turkey with all the fixins plus pumpkin pie AND ice cream!!!!!

Uncle Willy's There is a FREE Thanksgiving dinner held here every year and put together by Ernie Dodd of Dodd's Furniture Warehouse. Anyone can go. Ernie Dodd is an amazing man.

My friend wants to take his parents out for turkey dinner this weekend in Victoria.

Zuke

Choux Choux is offering ready-to-cook items that couldn't be easier, but since your friend is not cooking for his parents, here are a few dining options.

Fairmont Empress - The Empress Room is offering a swell four course dinner on Monday night. $75.00. They still have some resos between 6:15 - 9 p.m.

In the basement of the Empress, Kiplings is offering a hedonistic all-you-can-eat Thankgiving buffet. This is priced at $36.00 per person.

Gatsby Mansion A popular place every Thanksgiving. Shuffle in with the seniors at just $29.95 per person for dinner offered on both Sunday and Monday nights. Or put on the feedbag for the brunch, offered on both days from 10 to 3 p.m. This one is a true bargain at $21.95.

Uncle Willy's There is a FREE Thanksgiving dinner held here every year and put together by Ernie Dodd of Dodd's Furniture Warehouse. Anyone can go. Ernie Dodd is an amazing man.

Thanks Shelora,

This is perfect. I'll pass on the word.

Zuke

"I used to be Snow White, but I drifted."

--Mae West

Zuke

Thanks Shelora,

This is perfect. I'll pass on the word.

Zuke

A sus ordenes.

Just as long as Ernie doesn't show up dressed like the Hulk or Spiderman. He may be amazing, but his TV ads ore so brutal they're hilarious!

Is that the Uncle Willy's of All You Can Eat buffet fame? :unsure:

A.

Just as long as Ernie doesn't show up dressed like the Hulk or Spiderman. He may be amazing, but his TV ads ore so brutal they're hilarious!

Is that the Uncle Willy's of All You Can Eat buffet fame? :unsure:

A.

Correct. One and the same. Mr. Dodd and his family provides all the food and serves the dinner, I believe this is the 5th or 7th annual. I heard an ad for it on the radio requesting folks to RSVP at their furniture store. This is the first time this has been on the radio so I'd imagine this event is going to be swamped.

Correct. One and the same. Mr. Dodd and his family provides all the food and serves the dinner, I believe this is the 5th or 7th annual. I heard an ad for it on the radio requesting folks to RSVP at  their furniture store. This is the first time this has been on the radio so I'd imagine this event is going to be swamped.

Isn't this event geared towards those people with no other alternatives? Mostly low-income wage earners, people with no family in town, etc. As far as I know, tickets are usually gone within the first few hours.

-- Matt.

Shelora:

Only negative thing about bypassing Victoria en route to Tofino is missing out on Choux Choux...all the talk of sausages, duck confit and pate had me thinking that I would be stocking up the cooler en route up island....will have to stop in after a couple of weeks on Chesterman Beach.

Any other "egulleteers" going to be out in Tofino next week apart from Chris aka Tofino and Shari-Lynn?

Talked to chef Dave Craggs this morning, Ferris' is also doing Thanksgiving dinner. Sunday night - $18.00 per person. This would be my choice if I was inclined to dine out on 'T day' or if I wasn't making Mole Amarillo and chanterelle tamales.

s