• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

34 minutes ago, Smithy said:

In the end, I suppose I made my other favorite with the remainder: a brisket sandwich. Sourdough bread, mayo, lots of lettuce, pickles. No tomatoes at this time of year, alas. Mine, all mine! (Greedily rubbing her hands...)

Yep, a brisky sando of some sort has been what I've been doing, too.  I've been chopping the meat very roughly, just for easier eating, and warming gently on steam-bake in the CSO with any juices that have collected. Max Halley would mix the juices into the mayo for a gravy-mayo situation.  Mmmmm!  I need to deep fry some of those sweet potato starch noodles so I can riff on this one: Braised Beef and Kimchi Sandwich Recipe

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

25 minutes ago, Smithy said:

In the end, I suppose I made my other favorite with the remainder: a brisket sandwich. Sourdough bread, mayo, lots of lettuce, pickles. No tomatoes at this time of year, alas. Mine, all mine! (Greedily rubbing her hands...)

Yep, a brisky sando of some sort has been what I've been doing, too.  I've been chopping the meat very roughly, just for easier eating, and warming gently on steam-bake in the CSO with any juices that have collected. Max Halley would mix them into the mayo for a gravy-mayo situation.  Mmmmm!  I need to deep fry some of those sweet potato starch noodles so I can riff on this one: Braised Beef and Kimchi Sandwich Recipe