• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

@Smithy Assuming you are talking about purchased tortillas - I have 3 methods I use as the mood strikes.  Directly on the grate of the gas stove top. Similarly on stove in a small cast iron skillet that lives there. Pre heat.  No oil please unless crunch desired. Stay at stove. flip and done.  3rd- MW wrapped in damp paper towel. Just a few second, leave wrapped so steam themselves. Flour tortillas shouldn't have a raw flour taste in my experience as they are "pre-cooked". 

heidih

heidih

@Smithy Assuming you are talking about purchased tortillas - I have 3 methods I use as the mood strikes.  Directly on the grate of the gas stove top. Similarly on stove in a small cast iron skillet that live there. No oil please unless crunch desired. tay at stove. flip and done.  3rd- MW wrapped in damp paper towel. Just a few second, leave wrapped so steam themselves. Flour tortillas shouldn't have a raw flour taste in my experience as they are "pre-cooked".