• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

18 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

So, no liquids?  Just the roast rubbed with the dry soup mix?

My mom did it with beef roast. Just the meat. Covered and then uncovered. Not such a low heat. My first meal for first hub was turkey legs sprinkled with the mix, covered and slow roast. Started it before work. Walked home at lunch to make sure apartment not on fire. All good. He was impressed and this was a fine dining guy! Mom always added a bit of water then foil oh top of the water, then meat - made the pain in the rear enamel pan easy to clean and added a big of steam. 

heidih

heidih

13 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

So, no liquids?  Just the roast rubbed with the dry soup mix?

My mom did it with beef roast. Just the meat. Covered and then uncovered. Not such a low heat. My first meal for first hub was turkey legs sprinkled with the mix, covered and slow roast. Started it before work. Walked home at lunch to make sure apartment not on fire. All good. He was impressed and this was a fine dining guy! Mom We always added a bit of water then foil oh top of the water, then meat - made the pain in the rear enamel pan easy to clean and added a big of steam.