• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FauxPas

FauxPas

to add link

I've had a few glitches using Joule but most of them were due to new phones, new WiFi, new/additional Joules. I find that I don't use the Joule here nearly as much as I thought I would, so haven't been testing it much lately.

I can make the usual troubleshooting suggestions but you have probably already seen them and tried them. There is a ton of information for troubleshooting the Joule's connections on the website, so I'd say problems aren't all that unusual, unfortunately. 

Boring stuff:

- check app version (should be 2.66.5) to update, see here

- check firmware (should be 105.82) - to update, see here

Bluetooth or WiFi not connecting? Try this first!

If you’re having an issue getting/maintaining a connection via Bluetooth and/or WiFi, try these steps first:

Unplug Joule.

Restart your phone, WiFi router / access point, and internet modem. Please wait until all devices have finished restarting.

Plug Joule back in.

If previously connected, disconnect Joule inside the app by following these steps:

Launch the Joule app and proceed to the main menu (tap the three horizontal lines in the upper left).

Tap Settings > My Joules > [Joule name] > Disconnect Joule.

Tap Okay to disconnect.

Fully uninstall and reinstall the Joule app on your phone or tablet.

After reinstalling, launch the Joule app, sign into your ChefSteps account and follow the on-screen instructions to pair / connect to Joule.

Need more info? Check out more connection troubleshooting steps here:

Why can’t I connect Joule to WiFi / the cloud?

I can’t pair with Joule or I cannot find Joule during pairing.

I’ve paired with Joule, but I can’t connect.

FauxPas

FauxPas

I've had a few glitches using Joule but most of them were due to new phones, new WiFi, new/additional Joules. I find that I don't use the Joule here nearly as much as I thought I would, so haven't been testing it much lately.

I can make the usual troubleshooting suggestions but you have probably already seen them and tried them. There is a ton of information for troubleshooting the Joule's connections on the website, so I'd say problems aren't all that unusual, unfortunately. 

Boring stuff:

- check app version (should be 2.66.5) to update, see here

- check firmware (should be 105.82) - to update, see here

Bluetooth or WiFi not connecting? Try this first!

If you’re having an issue getting/maintaining a connection via Bluetooth and/or WiFi, try these steps first:

Unplug Joule.

Restart your phone, WiFi router / access point, and internet modem. Please wait until all devices have finished restarting.

Plug Joule back in.

If previously connected, disconnect Joule inside the app by following these steps:

Launch the Joule app and proceed to the main menu (tap the three horizontal lines in the upper left).

Tap Settings > My Joules > [Joule name] > Disconnect Joule.

Tap Okay to disconnect.

Fully uninstall and reinstall the Joule app on your phone or tablet.

After reinstalling, launch the Joule app, sign into your ChefSteps account and follow the on-screen instructions to pair / connect to Joule.

Need more info? Check out more connection troubleshooting steps here:

Why can’t I connect Joule to WiFi / the cloud?

I can’t pair with Joule or I cannot find Joule during pairing.

I’ve paired with Joule, but I can’t connect.

FauxPas

FauxPas

Boring stuff: