• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

kayb

kayb

to fix link.

I'm sorry it didn't work out well. The batter needs to be REAL thin; much thinner than you'd make for regular cornbread. Maybe just a little thinner than pancake batter. And you need at least as much or more tomato mixture as you have cornbread batter. The original recipe, which is included in my blog post about it here, calls for equal parts milk and cornbread mix (or combo meal and flour).

FWIW, I like it better without the chile powder/cumin combo; I prefer just salt, black pepper, bacon and cheese.

kayb

kayb

I'm sorry it didn't work out well. The batter needs to be REAL thin; much thinner than you'd make for regular cornbread. Maybe just a little thinner than pancake batter. And you need at least as much or more tomato mixture as you have cornbread batter. The original recipe, which is included in my blog post about it here, calls for equal parts milk and cornbread mix (or combo meal and flour).

FWIW, I like it better without the chile powder/cumin combo; I prefer just salt, black pepper, bacon and cheese.

kayb

kayb