• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Jacksoup

Jacksoup

Extra

I actually lived in Tucumcari when my dad worked for the old Southern Pacific railroad.  At that time the town of approx 3000 had one stoplight on Route 66 which cut through the middle of town. As teenagers we 'dragged the strip', which means we had nothing to do so we drove back and forth on Route 66 every Friday and Saturday night.  Now I believe the freeway bypasses the town.  There's a railroad siding named after my dad somewhere south of Tucumcari.

Jacksoup

Jacksoup

I actually lived in Tucumcari when my dad worked for the old Southern Pacific railroad.  At that time the town of approx 3000 had one stoplight on Route 66 which cut through the middle of town.  Now I believe the freeway bypasses the town.  There's a railroad siding named after my dad somewhere south of Tucumcari.