• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Female Chefs

ace92503

I am starting a new small company - primarily a cooking class in Los Angeles. We are looking for female chefs who can teach the class, who have had teaching experience. It would be once a week on Saturday evenings. There is more to this project but I would discuss this with the chefs we meet. I'm not sure what forums or places I can go to seek out and meet anyone who might be interested. This seemed like an ideal place to start.

Among the most capable that I can think of would be Rochelle Harringer, but she owns her own $350/night inn in Paso Robles, Inn Paradiso. I met her when she was the executive chef at Justin Winery. She now does winemaker dinners for local wineries, while managing the inn. Warm, personable and funny, and I believe she has teaching experience, but I honestly don't think she'd want to leave the inn on a weekend. She might be able to suggest other female chefs, though.

Is Saturday night going to be doable for any working chef?

Mary Baker

Solid Communications

Find me on Facebook

I am starting a new small company - primarily a cooking class in Los Angeles. We are looking for female chefs who can teach the class, who have had teaching experience. It would be once a week on weeknight. There is more to this project but I would discuss this with the chefs we meet. I'm not sure what forums or places I can go to seek out and meet anyone who might be interested. This seemed like an ideal place to start.

I forgot to change that - it is going to be on a weeknight, probably on a monday.