• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

FYI: Beer on TV

beergirl

"BREWING UP A BUSINESS" author and Dogfish Head Craft Brewery founder Sam Calagione is scheduled to be a guest on "The Early Show" on CBS on Monday, May 30th in the 8:30am (Eastern) hour.

I'm about half way through the book Brewing Up a Business and can definitely recommend it.

Some other DFH news - You can make a weekend of enjoying Dogfish Head. DFH has teamed with The Inn at Canal Square in Lewes, Delaware, to create a two night weekend package (there is a mention of inquiring about a weekday package at reduced rates). In addition to the two nights accommodation in the Brewmasters’ Suite with DFH soap, shampoo, accessories and DFH beer in a fridge, it includes a guided tour of DFH Brewery in Milton, a Saturday evening boat tour on the S.S. Dogfish from The Inn to Dogfish Head Brewing & Eats Brewpub in Rehoboth with return transportation and a $50 gift certificate to the DFH brewpub. The package for the weekend is $575. Just call The Inn at 302-644-3377 and ask for the Dogfish Head 360° Experience.

It sounds like a great weekend. I'd love to go but it isn't fitting the schedule right now.

Edited by beergirl (log)

"There's a whole lotta things I ain't never done, but I ain't never had too much fun" Commander Cody

Way cool! Sam is putting my old home state on the map. Who woulda thought beer would give DelaWhere? some fame!

Do you know if the weekend is offered on certain dates only or is a standing offer?

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

Way cool!  Sam is putting my old home state on the map.  Who woulda thought beer would give DelaWhere? some fame!

Do you know if the weekend is offered on certain dates only or is a standing offer?

The brochure states April 29, 2005 - October 31, 2005. But as it's only one room at the inn, I would call that pretty limited availability.

"There's a whole lotta things I ain't never done, but I ain't never had too much fun" Commander Cody