• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Blog to Slog!

jamiemaw

This whole thing should be fascinating to experience. Andrew reviews the restaurants in the paper ... we review his reviews on-line.

Any thought Andrew?

Yeah, here's a thought Arne.... :angry:

:biggrin:

An idea for a panel review format has been suggested to me, and that might be fun to go in small eGull groups from time to time. I'm open to just about anything, including:

Trying out for "Team Heineken"

I'm so down for playing in net.

Whatever happens, I just want it to be fun. I love eating out and I love the culture that surrounds it. If it wasn't for eGullet - and I mean this very sincerely - I wouldn't have gotten the call.

Thanks all for your kindnesses. :wink:

Edited by editor@waiterblog (log)

Andrew Morrison

Food Columnist | The Westender

Editor & Publisher | Scout Magazine

That's great! Glad to hear that there is another crazy person trying to get the word out about our town's eateries. We seriously need more regular voices out there.

Congratulations, look forward to it!

That's great! Glad to hear that there is another crazy person trying to get the word out about our town's eateries. We seriously need more regular voices out there.

'

Remember: in Andrew's case, "regular" is all relative. :raz::wink:

Joie Alvaro Kent

"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2,000 of something." ~ Mitch Hedberg

I understand that Jamie Maw has a 20 point system for reviewing restaurants. Do you have something similar or will you be developing a scale on how establishments are scored. I would be interested in how you would go about that and what steps you take to get to the point where you are grading a restaurant.

Neil Wyles

Hamilton Street Grill

www.hamiltonstreetgrill.com

Though I'd prefer a shoot from the hip kind of approach I'm no stranger to the fact that every restaurant has good days and bad days. Still, I don't think I'm going to add up percentage points and calculate on a grading scale based on set criteria. I'm still considering how to go about it, but thanks for the question - it puts another bee in my toque that wasn't there two minutes ago. :huh:

Bzzz.

Andrew Morrison

Food Columnist | The Westender

Editor & Publisher | Scout Magazine