• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bulleit Bourbon

elfin

My boss says he can't find Bulleit in the Chicagoland area. Found a place that sells the stuff in Wisconsin for $25 a bottle. Is this a good price-I have nothing in the area to compare. Also he is a Basil Hayden fan and I do not like BH-I prefer Jack Daniels/Crown Royal/ Jim Beam Black (I know-I am a low rent sour mash,whisky and bourbon gal). Will I like Bulleit enough to buy two bottles?? Thanks.

What disease did cured ham actually have?

Megan sandwich: White bread, Miracle Whip and Italian submarine dressing. {Megan is 4 y.o.}

I can't help you with the flavor questions but I can tell you that Bulleit shows up at the Binny's website for $25. A call to any of the Binny's stores is bound to turn up a bottle for your boss.

Kurt

“I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake--which I also keep handy.” ~W.C. Fields

The Handy Snake

Just for reference, Bulleit is going for 22 bucks in Calif. I was actually holding a bottle of Bulleit in my hot little hands today, and the bottle looks nothing like pictured in the link...

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

At a wharehouse type liquor store in Laurel, Md (between D.C and Baltimore) they have it for $15.99 for 750 ml and $32.99 for 1.75 liters. This store has some of the best prices in the area.

Just a reference point.

Thanks,

K

DarkSide Member #005-03-07-06

• 1 month later...

I recently bought a bottle of Bulleit at Martin Wine Cellar in New Orleans. Its a lighter bourbon than most, but I like it a lot.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Just for reference, Bulleit is going for 22 bucks in Calif.  I was actually holding a bottle of Bulleit in my hot little hands today, and the bottle looks nothing like pictured in the link...

Though you probably figured this out, the picture in the link is what bevmo uses when they don't have a picture of the actual bottle.

Thanks,

Kevin

DarkSide Member #005-03-07-06

I recently bought a bottle of Bulleit at Martin Wine Cellar in New Orleans. Its a lighter bourbon than most, but I like it a lot.

Actually, Jason and I cracked this bottle open together. I agree it was quite good.

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

• 1 year later...