• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Rickbern

Rickbern

7 hours ago, btbyrd said:

Yes, not unlike something from Emile Henry. I have never really seen the virtues in unglazed clay cookware, but I see plenty of drawbacks when it comes to cleaning, care, and maintenance. 

I think the only advantage of unglazed is that it makes the food taste better!

but on a serious note, that Japanese tagine seems sort  of shallow compared to the Moroccan style. There’s a fair bit of liquid to enclose in a lot of tagine recipes. 

69516988082__763B915A-4A97-4BCB-8554-4C2686F28711.jpeg

Rickbern

Rickbern

Yes, not unlike something from Emile Henry. I have never really seen the virtues in unglazed clay cookware, but I see plenty of drawbacks when it comes to cleaning, care, and maintenance. 

but on a serious note, that Japanese tagine seems sort  of shallow compared to the Moroccan style. There’s a fair bit of liquid to enclose in a lot of tagine. 

69516988082__763B915A-4A97-4BCB-8554-4C2686F28711.jpeg

Rickbern

Rickbern