• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Help Me Go Bananas

Patrick S

And here is a cheesecake recipe for Ludja:

Chocolate Wrapped Banana Cheesecake

I made this cheesecake last night, and its very good. I followed the recipe, except that I used vanilla wafer crumbs rather than graham cracker crumbs for the crust, I baked in 4.5" springforms, I used a waterbath and a longer baking time (I cooked them to an internal temp of ~150F), and I used a different procedure to make the bananas on top (included some nutmeg and cinnamon also). Oh, and also I did not wrap the cakes in chocolate, as I felt chocolate would be out-of-place.

These are great cheesecakes. The crust is slightly chewy and has a banana taste because it includes some banana. The filling is extremely smooth and creamy.

gallery_23736_355_18122.jpg

gallery_23736_355_15176.jpg

gallery_23736_355_3673.jpg

"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced" - Vincent Van Gogh