• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Restaurant in North Haledon

fatcatbrew

In yesterday's Go section of the Bergen Record, there was an advertisement for a Grand Opening of Fusion "Fine Italian Cuisine with a European Flair". The address is High Mountain Plaza, 5 Sicomac Road, North Haledon, NJ. The ad says Extensive Wine List, Jazz Night ever Wednesday, and that it features Seafood, Steaks, Chops, Game, and Pastas.

Is this where Il Capo was?

If anyone has tried this restaurant or does try this restaurant, please post your opinion.

It's definitely the old Il Capo. Friends of mine from Wyckoff told me that new owners took over this past spring or summer and that they are just now getting around to changing the name. They haven't been there yet to try the new version, so I have no details. I don't think they've changed hands again. And that was definitely Il Capo's slogan, if I recall correctly...Interesting :biggrin:

IT's def. the old Il Capo. My husband and i had lunch there about a month ago. The new owners are from a restaurant in Fair Lawn, on River Road. I forget the name of that one. I thought it was a weird menu. There was old fashioned Italian dishes like Chicken Marsala next to appetizers like Spring Rolls. It didn't quite make sense to me.

Holly

• 2 weeks later...
IT's def. the old Il Capo.  My husband and i had lunch there about a month ago.  The new owners are from a restaurant in Fair Lawn, on River Road.  I forget the name of that one.  I thought it was a weird menu.  There was old fashioned Italian dishes like Chicken Marsala next to appetizers like Spring Rolls.  It didn't quite make sense to me.

Holly

In addition to the menu not making sense, the food is not good. :sad:

• 3 weeks later...