• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shel_B

Shel_B

Spelling

I have heard that it's not a good idea to freeze roasted beans, but I've also heard that problems arise when the beans are removed and replaced multiple times from the freezer.

A local coffee roaster has a Kenyan coffee that I love, but it's not always available.  It is now, and I was thinking of stocking up and keeping some in the freezer.  It would remain frozen until use ... no in/out of the freezer.  I'd probably freeze smallish amounts, 1/2-lb or so.

What do you think about freezing the beans in this manner?  Thanks!

Shel_B

Shel_B

Spelling

I have heard that it's not a good idea to freeze roasted beans, but I've also heard that problems arise when the beans are removed and replaced from the freezer.

A local coffee roaster has a Kenyan coffee that I love, but it's not always available.  It is now, and I was thinking of stocking up and keeping some in the freezer.  It would remain frozen until use ... no in/out of the freezer.  I'd probably freeze smallish amounts, 1/2-lb or so.

What do you think about freezing the beans in this manner?  Thanks!

Shel_B

Shel_B

I have heard that it's not a good idea to freeze roasted beans, but I've also heard that problems arise when the beans are removed and replaced from the freezer.

What do you think about freeing the beans in this manner?  Thanks!