• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Drinking in Kensington

I'm in Kensington tomorrow night and keen to find somewhere to drink. Has anyone been to the Roof Gardens for drinks? Anyone recommend anywhere else? Would like a nice cocktail bar (although I am so hungover today that I doubt I will ever drink again)

Suzi Edwards aka "Tarka"

"the only thing larger than her bum is her ego"

Blogito ergo sum

Has anyone been to the Roof Gardens for drinks?

Yes, quite a few drinks as it turned out. The gardens are amazing, definately worth a visit. I don't know of much else around there apart from The Royal Garden Hotel. if you can just have a drink in the restaurant on the top floor, that would be worth it for the views.

I'm in Kensington tomorrow night and keen to find somewhere to drink. Has anyone been to the Roof Gardens for drinks? Anyone recommend anywhere else? Would like a nice cocktail bar (although I am so hungover today that I doubt I will ever drink again)

Hi Suzi

Sorry this is probably too late, but how about Zaika just for drinks? True, the food experience has gone down hill but I've used this place a few times now as a meeting up place. Nice and quiet, plus you get to choose not only their cocktails but also any bottle on their wine list...

Cheers, Howard

Edited by howardlong (log)

Cheers for the suggestion Howard. Turns out the restaurant was in Chelsea, not Kensington so there wasn't time for a drink by the time I'd finished screwing up.

10p to whoever can guess where I was eating.

Suzi Edwards aka "Tarka"

"the only thing larger than her bum is her ego"

Blogito ergo sum

Cheers for the suggestion Howard. Turns out the restaurant was in Chelsea, not Kensington so there wasn't time for a drink by the time I'd finished screwing up.

10p to whoever can guess where I was eating.

Rasoi Vineet Bathia?

The Capital?

Mju?

Aubergine?

La Famiglia?

GR@RHS?

I think we should be told.

I did Rasoi Vineet Bathia for the first time last night - I took the tasting menu with wine: it was good, food got better and better for the first three or four courses, but then after the lobster it became a little lacklustre. Service was OK but not the best. Wine list not as good as Zaika's.

Finished off the evening at Auergine for desert. As you do.

Cheers, Howard