• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Panettone in New Jersey

merrybaker

Does anyone know of a source for Perugina panettone in Central New Jersey (Princeton area, if possible)? The only one I've found so far was at Bon Appetit in Princeton Shopping Center, and the price was, to put it politely, inappropriately high. Or can you suggest another brand that would be similar. I've also liked La Florentine. Haven't liked: Shop-Rite, Romeo & Giulietta, Bauli, Alemagna, Ferrara, Paluani, and thought Bistefani was just okay. I've been in New Jersey less than a year, and never thought it would be so hard to find!

I'm sorry that I can't remember the name, but, I've been buying them for the past year from Costco and they are just delicious. They are imported from Italy and they have a wonderful taste probably because they are fresh. I hate when you buy them from the store and they have been sitting there for a while are are tasteless because they are stale.

Hope you find one and Happy Holidays!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I took so long to reply (things got hectic!), but I DO want to thank you all for your help. Wegman's was my first thought, too, but no luck there. Costco is a distance from here, and I never got there. I'll keep Williams-Sonoma in mind for next year. Thanks again.

I missed this post when it was originally active. I always notice that the kitchen/food dept of TJ Maxx and Marshalls usually have an assortment of panettone around the Holidays (possibly Perugina).

However, pay note to the comment above from nizza - I have no idea about the freshness of these.

Jason