• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Paul Bacino

Paul Bacino

On 1/31/2020 at 8:54 AM, kayb said:

It is in fact a Nourished Essentials lid. I have a set that includes four lids, four glass weights, and a pump for sucking out the air, which I have never used. I've about settled on not fermenting much of anything except kraut, which I do in a big food-grade bucket, but I've done brussels sprouts, kimchi  and cauliflower in jars.

@Smithy

This  ^    I have 4 lids/weights and the pump.  I bought this to try longer ferments.  I have no signs of mold  and I'm out 10 months...its in the basement 

Paul Bacino

Paul Bacino

On 1/31/2020 at 8:54 AM, kayb said:

It is in fact a Nourished Essentials lid. I have a set that includes four lids, four glass weights, and a pump for sucking out the air, which I have never used. I've about settled on not fermenting much of anything except kraut, which I do in a big food-grade bucket, but I've done brussels sprouts, kimchi  and cauliflower in jars.

This  ^    I have 4 lids/weights and the pump.  I bought this to try longer ferments.  I have no signs of mold  and I'm out 10 months...its in the basement