• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Running The Marine Corps Marathon 10/31

sweetfreak

So I am running in the Marine Corps Marathon this Sunday...my first!

Am very excited and know that after four hours of running, I am going to need some good grub after the race.

Where can I go for a great post-race meal? DC would be preferable. Also, it probably won't be until about 3pm assuming I am going to go home to shower, etc.

Nothing fancy, please. Casual is better.

So I am running in the Marine Corps Marathon this Sunday...my first!

Am very excited and know that after four hours of running, I am going to need some good grub after the race.

Where can I go for a great post-race meal?  DC would be preferable.  Also, it probably won't be until about 3pm assuming I am going to go home to shower, etc.

Nothing fancy, please.  Casual is better.

Ray's the Steaks?

Nah, Ray's the Steaks would shock the body. Have, like, tapas and lots of booze (later). You'll need to boost you blood sugar level, and some sodium and potassium (and CARBS) might help too.

Maybe a little pizza after a gatorade, bananas and goo. Then a booze to celebrate your great accomplishment. Then sleep of the wicked. Zzzz

Maybe something along the lines of Jaleo. Start with huevos.

GOOD LUCK!!!

http://forums.runnersworld.com/thread.jspa...4273&tstart=135

(there's the skinny)

Edited by morela (log)

there is that crepes place on the wisconsin avenue , what was the name ? very hard to remember for me right now , but very good crepes and lots of choices.

maybe cafe bonaparte ???

Corduroy

General Manager

1122 Ninth Street, NW

Washington DC 20001

www.corduroydc.com

202 589 0699

I did it! (And yes, I did beat Oprah!).

It was a crazy 1st marathon experience what with the heat, the intense sun, and people dropping like flies everywhere.

At Mile 11, I took off my dri-fit t-shirt and threw it in a trash can on the Mall because I was so hot. I re-pinned my number onto my sports bra.

I ran in about 4:07, though, a time I am quite proud of.

As for the post-race meal, for some reason, I just wanted Houston's. I needed a lot of food, and I needed it NOW! So, we ordered spinach dip, Biltmore chicken sandwiches and fries AND a brownie sundae for dessert. Oh, and about 8 refills of water.