• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Romantic Restaurants

Rich Pawlak

i know i'm going out on a limb here but i've always enjoyed a nice quiet evening at the melting pot with a special someone. its interactive nature can be a great conversation starter for a first date, or just a quiet couple (i tend to date men of few words.)

i'll add mr. martino's to the list.

Macaroni's (Old Bustleton Pike, NE Philly, trust me on this)

Pretty decent food but romantic Rich?

Jeff, we had a DDC dinner there quite a ways back, and we all found the place very very romantic in a Soprano's kind of way. Old school Italian vibe.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

Macaroni's (Old Bustleton Pike, NE Philly, trust me on this)

Pretty decent food but romantic Rich?

Jeff, we had a DDC dinner there quite a ways back, and we all found the place very very romantic in a Soprano's kind of way. Old school Italian vibe.

Oh, thanks for the clarification. I do in fact like this place and you reminded me I should get back there soon. Last time we were there was on a clients recommendation. We ended up closing the place way after normal closing time.

I must confess when he suggested we all go to Macaroni's I thought my wife and I would be in for an uneventful chain meal but as you know that was not the case at all.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm working on something and I'm hoping to pick your collective brains for suburban romantic OUTDOOR dining spots. Now I know that one glance out the window today, and outdoor dining is the LAST thing on your mind, but bear with me, I'm writing for something that won't appear until summertime.

Off the top of my head, I can think of a few places in the burbs that can make any diner swoon outdoors:

Avalon's back yard garden patio in West Chester

333 Belrose's garden patio in Radnor

Restaurant Taquet's porch at the Wayne Hotel

Coyote Crossing's patio in Conshohocken

but after that, I'm stuck. I know that there are more romantic outdoor dining options that that in the burbs.

Thanks in advance!

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

• 1 month later...