• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Coop's Seattle Trip

Coop

The Good

Hotel Andra: Great Boutique hotel, nice rooms, great bed.

Food at The Harvest Vine: As always what we got was very good.

Bar at Lola: Fun place to drink and decent appetizers.

Wine at Assaggio: I would order everything on the list.

Birds at Jefferson Park: One had a poop in my friends golf bag.

The Bad

Wretched Breakfast at Lola: Only customers in the place Saturday morning. Took about 35 minutes to cook our food. All the eggs were hard as a rock and everything was cold. Had to search for our waiter to get coffee, not good.

Service at The Harvest Vine: Fernando the manager was very good but everyone else the was lost. Food was ordered and never came, a bottle of Clos Magador disappeared, waits were long between visits by our waiter. The bill was impossible to read. I beleive it was in Spanish, maybe...

Cold food at Cafe Campagne: Food was good but cold on Sunday morning.

Dull Food at Assaggio: I knew we should of gone to Union.

We did have great time though. Will be back near christmas.

David Cooper

"I'm no friggin genius". Rob Dibble

http://www.starlinebyirion.com/

Guess I should have been more encouraging about Brasserie Margaux. I don't believe you would have found the food "dull" at least and their breakfasts are excellent.

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

Cold food at Cafe Campagne: Food was good but cold on Sunday morning.

Wonder if something's been going on at Cafe Campagne. My last three meals there have been cold too, including the eG one during the summer. Shouldn't have cursed it when I said to FWED that "I've never had a bad meal here." :wink:

Pat

"I... like... FOOD!" -Red Valkyrie, Gauntlet Legends-