• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Grilling Corn

bloviatrix

But I was thinking about roasting it in the oven tonight.  Any suggestions for temperatures, times and/or methods (husk on or off)?

I slice the kernals off the ear of corn, toss with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and spread it on a lightly greased baking sheet in a 400 degree oven for about 15 - 20 minutes. About halfway through I toss everything around. The kernals dry out and the flavor becomes intensified.

In fact you can even do the full husk method in the oven. Just throw the corn in husk and all.

When done you can either strip the corn and toss with evoo, salt and Balsamic, or just brush on some evoo and salt.

You are not loosing anything by not using butter. I personally use EVOO not do to dietary restriction, but strictly for taste.

Never trust a skinny chef

I prefer to husk completely, brush with olive oil or butter, sprinkle with salt. Then grill over a hot flame, turning 1/4 turn every 2-3 minutes. I like just a little speckling of char on some of the kernals. If you put them on the grill with the husk on, they just taste steamed to me, may as well microwave them.

That's the way I always do it. When you leave the husks on the corn will be steamed on the grill - o.k. but that is not grilled corn.

Ruth Friedman