• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

sushi grade fish

winemike

Sorry to bother you all but I have a favour to ask : I'm in Paris for few days and I'm looking for a place where I can find sushi grade fish. The few fishmongers I've seen so far (random visits ...) have not proven successful :sad:

I'd be delighted if anyone can give me a pointer for a good place :smile:

Many thanks !

Mike.

"Je préfère le vin d'ici à l'au-delà"

Francis Blanche

The best fish monger that I know of (and I'm sure there are others) is Le Dome's on rue Delambre in the 14th, right off of blvd Montparnasse. It's right next to their celebrated restaurant. I have read many times that it is one of the best in Paris and have always found the fish there to be wonderful.

www.parisnotebook.wordpress.com

I went to Poissonnerie le Dome tonight and it's closed for les vacances :sad: and won't reopen until the 24th.

I looked in my little book " Cuisiner Comme un Chef à Paris" which lists where to get the best products and here are their top suggestions.

Poissonnerie Lacroix: 30 rue Rambuteau, 3eme. 01 42 72- 84-07

They say it has a fraicheur irreprochable

Poissonerie du Bac, 69 rue de Bac, 7eme. 01-45-48-06-64

Issus de la peche artisanale--fraicheur et qualité incomparables.

La Sablaise, 28 rue Cler 7eme. 01-45-51-61-78

Here they say you will not find better qualitie elsewhere and that the fish can be prepared " en sushi" if you'd like.

Le Dome is listed as well and they say that they provide fish for many of Paris's best restauants.

Edited by Felice (log)

www.parisnotebook.wordpress.com

Thank you all for your replies !

I went to Le Dome ... closed indeed :sad:

Well, I've been to "Au Bon Marche" instead and it was alright.

The tuna was not sushi grade, IMHO but the "bar" was very fresh .. brilliant.

A nice shop .. and they got Champagne from Selosse ... :wub: ...

Thanks again.

Mike.

"Je préfère le vin d'ici à l'au-delà"

Francis Blanche