• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to buy Pomegranate Juice?

fierydrunk

I am addicted to a local restaurant's Pomegranate Vinaigrette and now must have some on hand for myself. BUT where oh where do I buy pomegranate juice??? I live in Portland OR and we have some good groceries but I have no idea of where to start...

THANK YOU!!!!!!

Pleasure is all mine, to be sure, fierydrunk! :laugh:

Portland has a zillion fruit orchards which I discovered while driving out the Columbia River Gorge and south to Mt. Hood ... surely must be fairly simple to find fruit concentrates in your area .. picked as one of the top vegetarian places by no less than PETA ... :wink:

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

I believe that I have seen pomegranate juice in the bottled juices section at Wild Oats. Now that I know Knudsen makes pomegranate juice, I'm just sure you could find it at Wild Oats, as they carry so many Knudsen juices.

The pomegranate vinaigrette sounds intriguing. What other ingredients do you intend to use? Any herbs? Honey or other sweetener?

On the NW thread, someone suggested pomegranate molasses from a Middle Eastern market...which would be much better, I think. I am using shallots, evoo and champagne vinegar...there are some that call for thyme, et al...I am going simple this go-round as the vinaigrette at Detour is obviously very simple. Wish me luck.