• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite San Francisco Restaurants

Dear Mr. Batali,

I am a huge fan. I have been watching Molto Mario since it debuted on Food TV when I was in college. Your shows have completely changed the way I look at food. The ingredients, flavors, and textures featured in your recipes have profoundly affected my palate and ability to prepare food. Your constant admonishments to use the best seasonal ingredients possible and to build relationships with produce, meat, and fish purveyors have definitely paid off for me. Thank you.

I read somewhere that you spent some time cooking in San Francisco and I am hopeful that you can share your favorite restaurants and eateries in the area.

I am also curious if you will be doing anymore Food TV specials featuring America’s ballpark food.

Thanking you once again,

Jorge Saavedra

hey js i am not skedded for anymore ball park shows but am up for more iron chef, probably on air in november

as far as the city by the bay my faves include

bizou for the loretta keller's take on the best country food in the city, swann oyster depot for crab and beer, yuet lee for late nite steamed whole halibut with black beans ginger and scallions, la taqueria and el faro for best head or tongue tacos and la cumbre for fat boy burritos, jackson fillmore for honest trattoria food boulevard for upscale yet perfect and thoughtful food from the genius of nancy oakes chez panisse upstairs for bell tone clarity and fun and whatever laurent gras is makin right now, i'd want to eat it and find bruce the riddler at bix and ask him about love

mb