• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sapphire Kitchen and Bar

I have come across this place and seen a couple of pictures on the web. Can't seem to come across a menu or a detailed review.

Do any of you have any information? I would greatly appreciate any feedback...

The place sounds interesting.

Edited: It is located in Seattle - Queen Anne Blvd if I am not mistaken...

Thanks in advance,

dccd

Edited by dccd (log)

i had dinner there once - unimpressive food and service. definitely a singles bar feel to it.

from overheard in new york:

Kid #1: Paper beats rock. BAM! Your rock is blowed up!

Kid #2: "Bam" doesn't blow up, "bam" makes it spicy. Now I got a SPICY ROCK! You can't defeat that!

--6 Train

I would agree with tsquare (although I haven't been in about 3 years since we're out of state for graduate school.) It's on upper QA right on Queen Anne Avenue.

Luscious smell like love

Essential black milk worship

It whispers to me...

...Chocolate

When I lived on QA I use to eat here quite often. We really liked the food and the atmosphere during dinner.

They changed owners about a year ago and the menu has changed some. We've only been once since then and it was good. It has a nice mix of mediterian and Northwest flavors.

They have an early dining special and use to have wine Tuesdays. I'd check it out if I were you..... especially if you are on QA

when this place first opened, they had some stellar food. I remember a vegetable cassoulet that was totally knocked out. I remember a salmon dish with braised greens and garlic mashers that made me want to come back the next day and have it again. And there were various other dishes I had in the beginning that were really quite good. Homey comfort food type good, but with a creative edge. They seems to have lost that, even before the sale. I haven't been there since the sale so can't comment on it currently. Just thought I'd wax poetic about its delish beginnings!

Born Free, Now Expensive

I hadn't realized they had new owners, but in any case, the chef (Leonard Rede) hasn't changed.

oh really? well that's one thing I was wondering... glad to hear he's still there. maybe I need to go back :raz:

Born Free, Now Expensive