• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

a week in the north in late july

reesek

I find the upper & middle classes fascinating. They make for richly rewarding soiciological observation. The don't necessarily eat any better, but when they do eat well, that food is often very interesting.

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.

• 8 months later...
For me, "excellent traditional food based on local ingredients of pristine quality" is the strongest asset ANY place can have when it comes to food.  (I confess to having virtually zero interest in what a place like El Bulli does.)  By far the best two meals I had in my recent week in Barcelona were a) in the same restaurant, b) not even in Barcelona, but in Badalona, and c) could by described just that way.  When I described my meals there to a friend who lived there, she said it sounded like "grandmother-style food"--a very good description.  I love that....just call me "grandma"!

Have you written about this place in Badalona, Eric, or is it a secret you must be tortured to disclose? :-)

I finally got around to posting about this place on this thread here.

Sorry it took so long, but life got in the way BIG time. Asola, if you end up trying (or perhaps you already know the place), I'd love to know your thoughts on it!

My restaurant blog: Mahlzeit!