• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblog: StInGeR - An Australian in NJ

StInGeR

Thanks for the great blog! Travel safely, heal soon, and make sure they upgrade you to 1st class!

I'm sure I speak for many others when I say we'd love to hear more from you once you're home, especially amusing firehall cooking capers. :smile:

Barbara Laidlaw aka "Jake"

Good friends help you move, real friends help you move bodies.

It could be worse ... he could have said "break a leg"!

Great blog, thanks for sharing with us :smile: Um you do know that way back in the beginning, the wish "break a leg" was for good luck. No body expected you to go above and beyond and do the real thing :biggrin: Hope it's better soon.

Yikes! I hope I didn't jinx you! Personally, I think it's just a "travelling to the east coast of North America" thing. The last time I was out there, I ended up hurting myself too.

Keep your pecker up and remember my motto: "Better living through chemistry!"

Keep your pecker up

Um, what does that mean in your dialect? :huh::shock:

Not what you're thinking ... :biggrin::laugh::biggrin:

It's a cross between "keeping a stiff upper lip" and "hang in there, baby".

(Although, as he and V. are newlyweds, perhaps your definition would be equally applicable :cool: )

Well seeing as how my lovely wife has decided to go shopping for some last minute things before we leave NJ tomorrow night. lunch today has been a large packet of Yuko Gold Salt and Vinegar chips. This is one thing I'm going to be taking back with me to Australia - I love the thick cut and they've got just the right amount of S&V. The only problem now is hobbling out to the kitchen to grab a beer and bringing it back into the computer room. BUT always remember where there's a will there's a way. OK I've got the way... I figure the pockets on my sweats are big enough to load up with 2 beers at a time :smile: Ya have to love ingenuity......

Cheers

Tom

hey-

i invited you for lunch, tom. i even would have driven... :raz: zoe's is close by or down to joel's for some potts hotdogs..... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

see ya in the fall

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Hey guys and gals... just a quick note to let everyone know that we're FINALLY home safe and sound... 27 hours on planes and in airports then a 2 hour drive and all is well. Even the cats remember V :biggrin: Just a quick note if you're flying to Australia from the East coast and have points available - FLY business class it's a HUGE difference to cargo class. Anyway it's not my blog time so have fun guys

Cheers

Tom

I want food and I want it now