• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Drinks to go w/ sushi at Fuji

sara

Hi

Going to dinner at Fuji Sunday night and have been instructed by Matt to bring a cold sake and a red wine. Any suggestions--especially from past visits?? Thanks!

Food is a convenient way for ordinary people to experience extraordinary pleasure, to live it up a bit.

-- William Grimes

Hi

Going to dinner at Fuji Sunday night and have been instructed by Matt to bring a cold sake and a red wine. Any suggestions--especially from past visits?? Thanks!

Head over to Moore Brothers first for their sake selection (ask for Jonathan Read), a bottle of Ratzenberger Riesling Sekt and red wine of their choosing. If you already have your menu, bring it with you to assist with the red wine selection. :cool:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

I'm waiting for Sara to tell me the Sake and wine we had. Matt had me eating out of his hand. I have never been more pleased and can't wait to go back. She or I will post the dishes, soon.

Carman

Carman's Country Kitchen

11th and Wharton

Philadelphia, PA

It really was a delicious meal--I had sushi at Kaz tonite in DC that didn't compare. But my wine notes are at home in Philly--I'll post when I get back there next week!

Food is a convenient way for ordinary people to experience extraordinary pleasure, to live it up a bit.

-- William Grimes

• 2 weeks later...

Here, finally are my and Carman's wines from Fuji:

Red: 2002 Beauchene Les Sens de Syrah ($14)

Sake: Star Filled Sky Mantensei ($38)

Both purchased at Corkscrewed in Cherry Hill. Both lovely matches for Matt's food.

-- William Grimes