• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Zurich Airport - Looking for lost chocolate shop

Hi

3-4 years ago, a friend of mine brought back the most divine chocolates from Zurich which he bought from the airport. Pre-renovations, the shop was located on the departure lounge of the international terminal. It sold other types of chocolates too.

I don't know the brand name of the chocolates because they came in a plain box - white box with a gold cover. The chocolates are sold loose, and you pick a box of 4,8 or 16 chocolates. It's just plain dark chocolate in cubes measuring about 1/2 inch, and covered with cocoa powder.

The problem was that my friend was in Zurich recently, and had a bunch of orders for the chocolates. But since the airport had been renovated, he couldn't find the shop after walking up and down the length of the terminal. If anyone has any ideas as to the brand name of the chocolates and where we can get them next time, we'd be most grateful.

Many thanks in advance!

Yrs truly

Maukitten

Zurichs most famous Chocolatiers are "Teuscher" and "Sprüngli".

Spüngli has a shop in the Airport. Must be the one you remember (not).

My recommendations are "truffles": (I'm a 30+year customer):

1) Daily-made "Truffe du jour", dark and brown (Note: they won't keep longer than 2-3 days in the fridge.) They are not on the online-shop page. The real stuff.

2) Truffes (the same, but storage fo 2-3 weeks admitted)

3) The new "Truffes GrandCru" serie. 4 different tastes from 4 different cocoa varieties.

Three shops: Airport Shopping, Transit Gates B (Level 1 / Departure), Dock E (Level 2 / Departure East).

edited for practical info

Edited by Boris_A (log)

Make it as simple as possible, but not simpler.

Hi Boris!

Thanks v much for your help. I was away for a week, and hence, didn't have a chance to visit the forum to check for replies!

I'll be sure to look for the truffles next time! Thanks!

Yrs truly

Maukitten