• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sierra Nevada BIGFOOT ALE/Barley Wine Style

Yuenglingking

Well I figured I would make my first post a useful one...rather than the normal first post dribble I am sure everyone is used to. Anyways, I managed to get my hands on a 6 pack of Sierra Nevada BIGFOOT ALE and wanted to share my opinion and maybe get feedback from other who have tried it or would like to. I have had some Barley wine style beer in a local brew house (Dr. Dremo)here in Virginia but was not to impressed....the Dr. Dremos eally tasted strictly like a mix of Barley and straight alcohol...hopefully this is not their intended taste..but it is none the less. So when I saw that Sierra Nevada was making a Barley wine style beer I was hesitant to try it in fear of discrediting one of my favorite brewers. I was pleasantly wrong....The Bigfoot ale was excellent. It provided a refreshing fruity flavor while still incorporating the deep malty/nutty taste you would expect from such a heavy malt..but enough bitter/sweetness to create a wonderful blend of flavors and richness without leaning to much to one flavor. very balanced for such a potent brew. So thats my first post...hopefully one of many for my beloved suds.