• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Decent Beer in Florida!

Susan in FL

I thought this was a mini-chain, but apparently not. For some reason, I thought we found a place called this in Fort Lauderdale.

Anyway, we stopped here for a beer last Saturday morning on the way to Jambalaya Jam, and it was pretty good. By the way, Jambalaya Jam had Red Hook Blonde Ale on tap, so at least we didn't have to drink Bud Light, or the like, all day.

I asked the girl what their hoppiest beer was and she said a pilsner! So I got Patrick Pilsner, and it was very drinkable, especially since we had a whole day of eating and drinking ahead of us. Not bad for Florida.

i3523.jpg

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

Susan - was this the one in Melbourne, FL? Good beer and good BBQ!

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever.

-- Aristophanes (450 BC - 388 BC)

Suz, Looks like I am going to be in FL next week. Well, almost in FL, be working in Hilliard, but staying near JAX airport. Kind of a beer wasteland out there unless I can make it over to St. Augustine and go to the A1A Brewpub. Melbourne is a bit of a trek from up there.

Bob R in OKC

Home Brewer, Beer & Food Lover!

• 11 months later...

Today, one day short of a year later, we went back. We both had the Anniversary Ale this time. It was delicious, nice fresh citrusy hops flavor. We had a platter of appetizers, which included deep-fried pickles... first time to eat those! We want to try the BBQ next time. It's worth driving over an hour for this brewpub.

gallery_13038_837_59159.jpg

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.