• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sex in the City Cocktails

beans

I read this earlier, thought I'd post the article link, then I though -- nah. But I channel hopped this afternoon and saw Oprah toasting the ladies of this HBO mega hit with a Cosmo at the beginning of her show.

I will miss watching Sex in the City myself. :sad:

Scotsman Article Here.

Yummmm, the dreamy Absolut Hunk will stick in my mind forever!!! :wub:

I've got my closing bartender on the hunt for an important ingredient, not sure if it is something we have in Ohio.... Here's to planning ahead! (ha)

Well, if success is achieved, this evening we will be toasting with Jean Georges' signature Shanghai Cosmos, albeit in a bit of an unorganised fashion. Isn't there something to be said for being impromtu?

This cocktail recipe is a Cosmo variation that I've sleuthed out of The New York Times. :smile:

1 ounce Vodka (I'd use Absolut in tribute to Samantha's hunky boyfirend, Smith)

1 ounce Choya Plum Wine

1 ounce Cranberry Juice

Splash of Pineapple Juice

Splash of Lime Juice (a healthy squeeze from a sizeable freshly cut wedge would do nicely)

Combine in an ice filled cocktail shaker. Shake and strain into a properly chilled cocktail glass. Top with a spash of soda and garnish with a lemon twist.

Cheers!

Oh, and I want it to be BIG. The drink and Carrie's choice of soul mate.... :smile: