• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Venetian Restaurants?

Will be in vegas next week and am dining at Bouchon (T Keller's Vegas entry) in the Venetian as well as Craftsteak and LOS. Will try to report when I return. Pretty excited about Bouchon, however.

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

• 3 weeks later...

I am going to vegas on thursday and i am booking reservations now. I was just made aware that kellers bouchon is in the hotel i am staying in. Has anyone been here yet? Can people email other places to go for dinner.. Thanks

DANIEL

Hello,

I really love this Italian place called Piero's, it is a little off the beaten track (not in a bad neighborhood or far from the strip). I can't recall the adress, I will get back to you on that. I have been going there for years. When I first started going it had a real rustic cluby feel to it, however over the years it has been remodeled with a more trendy look. Nevertheless it has a nice ambience. I would consider it an upscale restaurant entrees range from 20-40 dollars and the dress is anywhere from smart casual to suit and dress. The wine list is amazing a very large selection with some of the most expensive bottles I have ever seen at a restaurant (6,000-8,000)!!! This place, at least in years past, had a real old Las Veags feel to it. I am remined of this story upon one of my visits there: There was this table of say 25 people sitting right in the middle of the dining room and at the head of the table there was this older gentleman who kept his jacket, sunglasses, and hat on for the entire meal. The table had ton's of courses and wine and champagne, at the end of the meal the bill was presented to the older gentleman and he took out this wad of hundreds that was huge and payed for the bill in cash. The bill easily had to be $3,000, but it barely put a dent in his wad. Then when everyone was getting ready to leave they went up to the older gentleman (ala Godfather style) and paid their respects, he just sat there. Needless to say I like this place, because it reminds me of the nefarious beginnings of Las Vegas, and the food is amazing (Osso Buco to die for!)

Food for thought,

Justin

Emeril's Delmonico's is very, very good. Sit at the bar and order a handful of appetizers to share with a friend. Make sure to munch on the parmesan potato chips, which are to die for. The steaks are not the highlight of this place, though, in my opinion. Vongerichten's Prime at the Bellagio serves a better steak.

Lutece is not that wonderful overall, but do sit at the bar and have a gimlet and an order of their sauteed foie gras with chocolate sauce and marmalade, which is very good.

Can you tell I like to sit at the bar?

I've only eaten at the Royal Star (Kevin Wu's Chinese place) twice, but their Peking Duck is extremely tasty, and their fried rice makes a good drunken-late-night snack.

Don Moore

Nashville, TN

Peace on Earth

Canaletto at the Venetian.

I had returned from Italy, and all its culinary epiphanies, just a month before we went to Las Vegas in May of 2001. We found Canaletto, and I just fell in love with it. The chefs are all Italian, as was our waiter, Vito. It's the real deal: real Italian food perfectly prepared. Not horribly expensive. It has a lovely, warm decor. It's not terribly fancy or pricey, but deeply satisfying nonetheless.

Vito instantly became our favorite waiter ever. We go back every time we're in Las Vegas, even if it's just to have a prosecco and see him.

Canaletto is 46 on this map (upper far left, right on the canal).

I know there are fancier places, and maybe that's what you're looking for. We just love Canaletto.

PS Italian Grill shares the bar with Valentino. Very nice place. If you don't have reservations for Valentino, you can sit at the bar and order from the Valentino menu. I did this on a Saturday night a few months back. Excellent meal.