• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Book and the Cook 2004

marinade

I had a nice chat yesterday with Sondra Bernstein of The Girl & the Fig restaurants in the San Fran area, who will be the participating chef here at Rouge for Book and the Cook. Our dinner is scheduled for Saturday March 20. She's a former Philadelphian and a graduate of The Restaurant school.

Chef Michael came into my office to let me know he'd be transferring Sondra to me to discuss wine selections for the dinner. The first thing she said to me was, "Oh - I know your name! I read your posts on the eGullet PA forum all the time!"

:shock::blush:

How cool is that!

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

I'm disappointed that John Stage won't be making a return trip. That BBQ at North by Northwest last year was excellent.

The wine dinner being hosted by Greg Moore at Django sounds wonderful and expensive. That will sell out fast. Colman Andrews at Vesuvio also sounds like a great dinner and is priced reasonable.

A lot of wonderful opportunities. I'm also happy the suburbs are getting more opportunites as well.

John Stage is in the middle of opening another branch of Dinasaur Bar-B-Que in West Harlem (I believe) , NYC. If you were there last year at NXNW, it was an awesome feast coming from those two large Klose cookers parked behind the restaurant.

Edited by marinade (log)

Jim Tarantino

Marinades, Rubs, Brines, Cures, & Glazes

Ten Speed Press

Any thoughts about Patricia Wells at LBF? Read her column in IHT on a regular basis but a little hesitant to pay too much since she does not cook professionally, at least other than her cooking classes in France.

Ming Tsai and Susanna Foo's...Ming Tsai is dreamy. :wub:

Yeah he is! Ooooohhh. This might be worth a visit to SF's after all.

I wonder if Ming would wear those bike shorts I'm so fond of :wink:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

• 2 weeks later...