• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Another probable trip

Marlene

Ok, I'm game for this. I've never taken the subway in New York before. I'm assuming there's one near my hotel? I"ll pm you my cell phone number. That way if I'm not there on time, I'm wandering around NY with a dazed look on my face, saying "which way do I go? Which way do I go". I can't emphasize enough about my serious lack of direction abilities :biggrin:

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

in case anyone is wondering, marlene is staying in the Hilton on 42nd. room 1714. she's probably walking to amma, and will be carrying a wad of cash in the left inside pocket of her coat. you'll recognize her immediately as being the only woman on 42nd street with a paint splattered fur.

in case anyone is wondering, marlene is staying in the Hilton on 42nd. room 1714. she's probably walking to amma, and will be carrying a wad of cash in the left inside pocket of her coat. you'll recognize her immediately as being the only woman on 42nd street with a paint splattered fur.

:laugh::rolleyes:

Marlene

You forgot the "Tourist" stamp on the forehead.

:laugh::raz:

On a serious note, Marlene, despite our reputations for being rude and uncaring, we will give directions if asked. Plus, the hotel concierge can help with subway directions.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

in case anyone is wondering, marlene is staying in the Hilton on 42nd.  room 1714.  she's probably walking to amma, and will be carrying a wad of cash in the left inside pocket of her coat.  you'll recognize her immediately as being the only woman on 42nd street with a paint splattered fur.

You forgot the "Tourist" stamp on the forehead.

:laugh::raz:

On a serious note, Marlene, despite our reputations for being rude and uncaring, we will give directions if asked. Plus, the hotel concierge can help with subway directions.

I have never ever found NY'ers to be rude and uncaring! I'll be there.. with my tourist stamp :raz:

Marlene

In theory it will stop snowing long enough for my flight to leave Thursday :biggrin: I just thought I'd bring this up again, in case I could talk anyone into having drinks on Thurs. I'll be at my hotel by 3:30 or so. :smile:

Marlene

I'm headed for the airport in a couple of hours. After that, I'll be computerless unless they have such a thing as Internet Cafes in NY. Between the cute little map my husband drew me, Pan's and tommy's directions, and generally helpful New Yorkers, I'm fairly confident that I'll be able to find Amma on Friday :biggrin:

Dumpling I have that recipe for you.

Looking forward to seeing ya'll :smile:

Edited by Marlene (log)

Marlene

I'm headed for the airport in a couple of hours.  After that, I'll be computerless unless they have such a thing as Internet Cafes in NY. 

If you're staying near Times Square, there's an internet cafe on 42nd St., bet. 7th & 8th Aves., on the south side of the street. Also, I think at least one of the McDonald's in that area has internet service, and it may be available at other McD's as well.

Yeah. My flight got cancelled. I'm now leaving at 3:15 (maybe) :unsure:

Marlene

Ha! Here I am, hanging out at Toronto Pearson airport. My flight is still on so far, although it's oversold, so I may or may not get on this one. Possibly the next one. I will however, be in New York somehow someway, tonight. :angry:

Marlene

Ha! Here I am, hanging out at Toronto Pearson airport. My flight is still on so far, although it's oversold, so I may or may not get on this one. Possibly the next one. I will however, be in New York somehow someway, tonight. :angry:

Considering your husband's experience earlier in the week, do they have food available?

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

If you're staying near Times Square, there's an internet cafe on 42nd St., bet. 7th & 8th Aves., on the south side of the street. Also, I think at least one of the McDonald's in that area has internet service, and it may be available at other McD's as well.

Is that one the Easyeverything huge Internet cafe?

There's more internet cafes in Manhattan than I'm used to seeing in most cities.

Still not nearly as much as abroad, of course.

To me it seems like most of Manhattan is Wi-fi-ed.

I plan to bring a laptop for future NYC trips.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

:biggrin: I'm here. And I can eat!

Marlene

Ha!  Here I am, hanging out at Toronto Pearson airport.  My flight is still on so far, although it's oversold, so I may or may not get on this one.  Possibly the next one.  I will however, be in New York somehow someway, tonight. :angry:

:biggrin: I'm here. And I can eat!

Well, didja?

And knowing the answer, what didja?

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.