• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

French eGullet?

Busboy

I was googling choucroutte recipes and stumbled across Forum SuperToinette. This was about the time eGullet made the change-over, and it made me wonder if the Powers That Be had been trying to improve eGullet's finances by selling "used" formats abroad. :laugh:

("Have we got a deal for you. Only driven during working hourse by a small assortment of gormands and malcontents. Bien sur, une bonne marche.")

Even if you don't speak French, it's worth clicking a little deeper into the site, to see the similarities and differences between the two. Note that the little description of posters includes "sexe", one assumes so that on-line flirting can begin without any confusion caused by the "noms de forum"; and that members are given ratings including "genial," and "habitue," "hyper-actif."

Also, they have seasonal decorations on their site. :raz:

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

Okay, that's just fucking hilarious. They even have a BBQ forum, complete with coleslaw recipe. Love this petit nugget:

Aux Etats-Unis on la sert presque systématiquement avec des viandes grillées. C'est délicieux à cause de l'alliance du croquant des crudités et de la sauce moelleuse.

Mais, oui. Il faut bien deconstruire l'alliance entre les crudités et la sauce. :sniff:

Didn't you know, eGullet is french. We've been pronouncing it "eh-goolay" for years.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host