• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seattle's Tini Big's 'Tini Trends for 2004'

beans

Commenting on the trends in the world of shaken or stirred, Haight [General Manager] continues, “Last year was all about the garnish.  This year, retro-specialty drinks are getting a 21st-century update, and are re-appearing on menus Martini style."

Article Here

(Recipes are inlcuded).

My .02:

Dream Tini -- Using Hpnotiq! Bleh!!!!!!

Golden Shower Tini -- !!! :blink: Sorry, name alone sort of ends it for me.

$100 Martini -- Do these folks understand that photocopying notes for legal tender is a federal offense? Doh!!! :shock:

I don't know any serious drinkers that ever go there.

The best places I know of to get really good martinis in Seattle are Oliver's and ZigZag.

Edited by MsRamsey (log)

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

Thanks for the link, beans. You're right -- those drinks sound pretty nasty. And does anyone get the reasoning behind calling the same drink by two names (Republican and Democrat "tinis"?)

Dunno. But God bless them for trying! :wink:

Perhaps pleasing a fickle public? I just can't fathom the blending of Hpnotiq into anything as we still have the promo bottle from our distributor sitting in our speed rail, getting dusty, without any requests to date. I can only hope it is a one hit wonder in the world's history of distilled spirits that will quickly fade away. (IMHO)