• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Gallery Cafe at Frye Museum: great lunches!

frye_cafe.jpg

In a recent thread we were extolling the virtues of Salumi as a great lunch place. I also love the Gallery Cafe at the Frye Museum. The prices are incredibly moderate and the food amazingly good. Though it is off the beaten path (unless you live nearby).

Edited by richards1052 (log)

I like this place as well and go there fairly regularly since I work in the area. My experience has always been simple, fresh and good tasting food for a reasonable price.

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

Can anyone figure out why this bmp image wouldn't display properly? I tried using the IMG feature above & using the img src code. Neither is working. Will it not display bmp files here?

BMP files are not supported. Can you convert to GIF, PNG, or JPG?

Thanks for the heads up. I've converted the file & now it works!

BTW, now can anyone tell me why the avatar which I've successfully uploaded to my Profile at this site does not display when I post a msg.? I've sized the avatar file correctly & it's below the file size limit as well.

Avatars have been disabled for some time now, there's a whole thread about it somewhere. Word on the street is that they're coming back as part of this whole software upgrade, but it hasn't happened yet....

Most women don't seem to know how much flour to use so it gets so thick you have to chop it off the plate with a knife and it tastes like wallpaper paste....Just why cream sauce is bitched up so often is an all-time mytery to me, because it's so easy to make and can be used as the basis for such a variety of really delicious food.

- Victor Bergeron, Trader Vic's Book of Food & Drink, 1946

Avatars have been disabled for some time now, there's a whole thread about it somewhere. Word on the street is that they're coming back as part of this whole software upgrade, but it hasn't happened yet....

Thanks for the heads up about avatars being disabled. You'd think that somehwere on the avatar page there'd be a message to that effect...is that too much to ask or expect? I just wasted 45 mins. figuring out how to upload it. Now the image is uploaded with nowhere to go as it were. O well, roll with it.