• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Not a Wine Question

Randall, as one who has always enjoyed your wines and your wit, I'm excited that you could join us. Now, for the silly softball.

Think of the following professions:

Chef

Actor

Painter/Sculptor

Musician

Writer

With your type of creativity, passion and humor, if you were transmogrified from Randall Grahm, Winemaker, to those fields, who do you think would most closely represent the "new" Randall Grahm?

And note that I didn't ask what kind of a tree you'd be.

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

Dear DM,

Thanks very much for your note and kind words. I think that it is time for me to already start on this transformation. I think that if I couldn't make wine, I would probably try to do something w/ another part of my brain. Whatever talent I have, I think that it is some sort of bricoleur, someone who cobbles things together (a junkman, in other words). Cheers, R.