• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Burger Club

elyse

Not enough time to practice or play with ferrets? Definitely working too hard. Any way, you're only talking about the next 11 months. So you're not withdrawn, just on long term leave. We'll keep a seat warm for you.

More like next 11 years...

:raz:

Sherri A. Jackson

Maybe I will replace Bergerka in the burger club.  I just visited Prime Burger, on 51st street, and found it solid but unexciting.  Next up:  Murder Burger in the Bronx.  What's next for the burger club?

Mr. Cutlets

atveselka.jpg

Welcome to Burger Club, Mr. Cutlets. The next meeting will be Tuesday the 25th (next week), 7 pm, and I think it'll be Landmark tavern. I am sorry to say, all, that the last two days have been rather hellish, and I suck, but I will call Landmark tomorrow to make sure they can accomodate us all together, and all with burgers.

M.C., feel free to visit Murder Burger, but it's not on the BC agenda, not being a burger and all.

Welcome home, Suzanne!

Edited by elyse (log)

Okay. Time for a serious headcount for Tuesday the 25th at 7pm. I called Landmark, and spoke to Lisa the manager. She said they do NOT normally do burgers at night, but will make an exception for us, if we have enough people. She'll also reserve tables in the bar area, but probably can't put them all together. Fine by me.

So who's in? If there aren't enough responses by tomorrow, I'll call and tell her we'll make it another time under more normal circumstances.

Sound off!

Edited by elyse (log)

I can't make this one either. :sad: I am moving the day before and will likely be unpacking boxes.

I did, however, just have a great burger at MJ Grill on John st and Cliff. Perfectly cooked medium rare, great charred crust with juicy wonderful beef.

The bacon was a slightly thinner version of their slab bacon from the steakhouse sister restaurant (it was a bacon cheddar burger). Fries were ok.

The bun was kind of strange since it was a cut section of an italian roll or bread of some sort. The bun shape did not allow for symmetrical oozing of cheese from the centerpoint of the burger and caused undue spillage. It was toasted and tasty though.

Msk

Today's NY Post contains a feature on Cornelius Gallagher, chef at Oceana. They ask him to name his favorite dish, and his response is "Bistro burger at Corner Bistro."

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

I'm afraid I'm booked on the 25th, it being Thanksgiving. I would like to try Landmark. How is Murder Burger not a burger? It looks and sounds like one...

http://www.gothamist.com/archives/2003/11/...er_they_ate.php

I also mean to try Shnack soon. So many hamburgers! So little time!

signed,

Mr. Cutlets

Edited by Mister_Cutlets (log)
Mr-Cutlets.com: your source for advice, excerpts, Cutlets news, and links to buy Meat Me in Manhattan: A Carnivore's Guide to New York!

Well Thanksgiving is the 27th, but if you're booked, you're booked.

Murder Burger has egg and breadcrumbs and who knows what else in there. It's really a patty shaped meatloaf. It may not be bad, but we're going for the simplicty of a great burger.

Just an FYI -- I had a truly first-class burger the other night at the Stoned Crow, on Washington Place just north of Union Square. I also had a Blue Smoke burger, and I am beginning to think that it might be the best in the superheavyweight division. Maybe 2nd to Molly's, but only because of the onions. The marbled brisket sandwich is the real trump card at Blue Smoke, and the BBQ is getting better all the time. So why do I find myself thinking of that hamburger so often?

Mr. Cutlets

Mr-Cutlets.com: your source for advice, excerpts, Cutlets news, and links to buy Meat Me in Manhattan: A Carnivore's Guide to New York!

Unfortunately, I'm leaving town next Tuesday morning. :sad: Wasn't able to change my ticket due to the heavy travel volume around Thanskgiving.

Have fun at Landmark. I'll join next time around, and will even try a Landmark burger on my own Monday and fill out eval form if that's allowed.

Okay.  Time for a serious headcount for Thursday the 25th at 7pm.

Can we safely assume you mean Tuesday, or are you all eating Burgers on Thursday, which is T-day??!!

Oh my God. I wrote that in such a rush. My apologies.

TUESDAY THE 25TH. TWO days before Thanksgiving. Where the hell is my secretary?

Thanks Kim.

I suppose that'll be fine, but don't post it until tuesday evening, after 7, k?  We'll miss you.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I guess you're thinking this will be like an early exit poll?

Yeah, someone got bent out of shape when we seemed to let on that all of our answers weren't shielded a la 7th grade.

Okay.  Time for a serious headcount for Thursday the 25th at 7pm.

Can we safely assume you mean Tuesday, or are you all eating Burgers on Thursday, which is T-day??!!

Oh my God. I wrote that in such a rush. My apologies.

TUESDAY THE 25TH. TWO days before Thanksgiving. Where the hell is my secretary?

she's having an affair with your partner and they ran off to barbados.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.