• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bella, an American bistro

aliwaks

heard a disturbing rumor today that I wanted to clear up, lest it spread too far

Bella is not going out of business

This summer has been tough but we're plugging along surviving eagerly awaiting our first anniversary

"sometimes I comb my hair with a fork" Eloise

You go Ali. That's horrible that you heard that "out and about". I can imagine that was quite disturbing. Definitely pass on the "We're open for business" info to Michael Klein so it will be in print and correct anyone else that may have heard that slander in passing.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Late summer is always a tough time for restaurants, with customers on vacation, at the shore for weekends, etc.

Sometimes a little goosing helps move things along. Montrachet in NY fills the house with its "no corkage charges" policy on Mondays in summer, other places offer deals, or price fixe at lower than typical prices.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

Late summer is always a tough time for restaurants, with customers on vacation, at the shore for weekends, etc.ical prices.

Not Vetri, can't seem to ever get reservations and I called up over a month in advance this time round too!!!

• 2 months later...

Guess those unseemly rumors turned out to be correct-- that's too bad;

Hope Ali can re-start in a better location soon, and I hope she can get the financing to decorate nicely and hire a proper staff--

Good luck, Ali.