• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sweet Corn Ice Cream

slbunge

Actually, it tastes like you're eating butter

So, leibchen, what could be bad?? :laugh: !

You're familiar with the expression "too much of a good thing..."

Furthermore, Blovie, who eats chunks of butter with no accompaniment (I've seen him do this --it's kind of disgusting), found it to be too much -- now that's saying something.

Seriously, I think the problem is that there's nothing else going on with the flavor. It gets boring quickly.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

back in the mid 90's, I was making a sweet corn ice cream for one of my desserts at Criolla's in Grayton Beach, Fl. I served it with a cornmeal cookie and a chili chocolate fudge bar. It was well received then.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!