• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

TDG: Desperate Measures: Panna Cotta

Fat Guy

I got to the third paragraph and realized that Mamster is a fool. No dessert portion is too big. He's a fool for suggesting it. What does he want -- smaller portions? You may have realized that in the winter you can always put on more clothes. In the summer, there's only so much you can take off before you must sit and suffer. At dessert, you can always eat less food. You're not a goldfish. But when the plate of cute, little dessert-lings is empty, you can only sit and suffer.

Edited by Stone (log)

I got to the third paragraph and realized that Mamster is a fool.  No dessert portion is too big.  He's a fool for suggesting it.  What does he want -- smaller portions?  You may have realized that in the winter you can always put on more clothes.  In the summer, there's only so much you can take off before you must sit and suffer.  At dessert, you can always eat less food.  You're not a goldfish.  But when the plate of cute, little dessert-lings is empty, you can only sit and suffer.

Nooo. Then you order another. Der.

• 7 months later...

Note the wet slurping sound as this thread is dredged up from the depths.

Okay, Saturday dinner guests -- foodies & knowledgeable, too. Tough crowd. I'm thinking a simple vanilla panna cotta with some sort of fruit compote or sauce. All suggestions welcome.

I like mamster's recipe, but if I want to skip the coconut part, can I just use all cream?

Thanks for the help.

Chad

Chad Ward

An Edge in the Kitchen

William Morrow Cookbooks

www.chadwrites.com