• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

sunday times 2/8

glenn

marge perry had a nice write-up of Havana.

agreed.

in a very crisp way, the review seemed to say "good food, reasonable prices, consider taking a look at this place."

Migdalia's Cuban Cafe, 66 South Washington in Bergenfield (201-387-8700).

Wonder how her pork stacks up against Fink's, which is my current standard of excellence?

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

I guess it was nothing of interest if between you and Rosie you can't remember, or it was Jersey City restaurants that got written up, which no one ever goes to except me anyway.

I still have last Sunday's NY Times because our next recycling pick-up is not until day after tomorrow (if it stops snowing by then :wub: ), so I fished out the NJ section from the newspaper can. The restaurant reviewed on 2/9 was Siam, in Lambertville. As Rosie indicated, Karla Cook reviewed it, and she gave it a "Good" rating.

Edited so that Karla isn't "cooked." :laugh:

Edited by rozrapp (log)