• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Shel_B

Shel_B

The idea of taking frozen meat and cooking it directly from frozen is not a new idea.  There is an old discussion here about cooking sous vide directly from frozen, and I've seen several videos and read some comments about cooking beef (steaks and chuck for pot roast) that way, I don't recall seeing anything about so doing with chicken in the Instant Pot. I'm thinking about making chicken broth or stock in that way, or just cooking the chicken for use in salads and sandwiches.

Might there be some issues with that, or can I just dump the frozen chicken into the pot and crank it up? Has anyone cooked chicken this way? How were your results?

Shel_B

Shel_B

The idea of taking frozen meat and cooking it directly from frozen is not a new idea.  There is an old discussion here about cooking sous vide directly from frozen, and I've seen several videos and read some comments about cooking beef (steaks and chuck for pot roast) that way, I don't recall seeing anything about so doing with chicken in the Instant Pot.

I'm thinking about making chicken broth or stock in that way, or just cooking the chicken for use in salads and sandwiches.

Might there be some issues with that, or can I just dump the frozen chicken into the pot and crank it up? Has anyone cooked chicken this way? How were your results?